City of Ashes: Mortal Instruments 02

City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare 4 stars: liked itFull review can be found here!Mini reviewIt's as if I've been reading one really long book. I mentioned in my City of Bones review that the writing is fast and very easy to read. Well, City of Ashes is no exception. Cassandra Clare sure knows how to tell a story. And besides that, she has created such an amazingly detailed and unforgettable world that I have no idea why I haven't read these books before!There was no moment of boredom, no moment I wanted to lay it down for a bit, no second-book-in-the-series-funk at all. The plot and narrative were insanely steady and it fits right in after City of Bones. As of the characters, there were some changes. I must admit that I was wrong about Alec and Isabelle: I'm liking them more and more. They were better developed and I was glad to see that there is more to them than CoB showed.But I'm a little over Simon right now. I didn't like Clary and Simon's relationship in this book and I'm getting impatient with the whole Clary and Jace thing. I was hoping for some answers in this book, but it seems like I'll have to wait until City of Glass comes in (which should be somewhere next week so I'll start it in my Christmas break!) Can't wait to continue these series. You better not disappoint me, Cassandra Clare!