Where She Went

Where She Went - Gayle Forman 4.5 stars: really liked itFull review can be found on my blog!It doesn't happen very often, but I don't have a clue where to start. I read If I Stay over two years ago and like I said in my review: it touched my heart and left me wondering. I couldn't stop thinking about what would happen to Mia and Adam, to her dreams, to his. Yet I never picked up Where She Went, because I was afraid it would disappoint me. Um, about that... I could not have been more wrong.The book is told from Adam's point of view, as opposed to Mia's in If I Stay, and right from the start we see how miserable he is. Even though this was the perfect choice, I also couldn't help feeling a little miserable myself. As much as I felt sad for Adam, I had a bit of a difficult time sticking with him while he was feeling so depressed and lonely.I liked the characters in If I Stay, but this book connected me to them in an entirely different way. I felt more strongly about them than I ever did in If I Stay (I couldn't stand the both of them for a little while, and then I ended up loving them even more). Also Gayle Forman's writing is just as phenomenal and the shift in current day experiences and flashbacks is just as wonderful.It wasn't until the very end that I realized how perfect it was. How every aspect of grief in both Mia and Adam's life is described, how the anticipation was building up, how the intense emotions and unanswered questions seemed unstoppable and unsolvable... until they weren't anymore, until the walls came crumbling down and I finally saw how strong it was.Seriously, when I closed my book last night (which may or may not have been around 3 in the morning) it was with a huge grin on my face and a satisfied feeling. Closure. And even if If I Stay isn't your thing or you didn't enjoy it all that much, I strongly encourage you to read it. If only so you can read Where She Went after.