Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances

Let it Snow - Lauren Myracle, John Green, Maureen Johnson 4 stars: liked itFull review can be found here!I was going to post this review when it was actually snowing, but what the heck. It's fall. It's cold. It's raining all the time (Holland + fall = no good). Let's face it: summer is officially over. And though I read this book in the spring, it's probably my favorite Christmas read and perfect to get back in the winter mood.Let It Snow features three overlapping stories by three authors: John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. I don't usually read collaborations like this, where you can seperate the authors by their individual story. (Will Grayson, Will Grayson probably comes closest, and that had a completely different set up.) So I was curious to whether I'd like the way the plot lines were mixed together.Author-wise it couldn't really go wrong. You all know my love for John Green, and Maureen Johnson has been another favorite since 13 Little Blue Envelopes (which I was obsessed with when I was thirteen). I hadn't read a Lauren Myracle book before, but in combination with these other two, I figured there wasn't much that could go wrong. Which I was sort of right about.Let's talk about the three stories. First we have The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson, where the main character is actually called Jubilee. She was probably my favorite character in the entire book, and ended up in very interesting situation: her train gets stuck because of a massive snowstorm, and then there's a Waffle House and a cute stranger and nowhere else to go. Of course there are some problems: she has a boyfriend, he has a broken heart, but nothing all that problematic! I really enjoyed this story. Jubilee is a great character with a great sense of humor. (The quotes are hilarious!)The second story is by John Green. It's called A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle and this one was my favorite of the three. John Green's writing is phenomenal as always. It's more about friendship than the previous story, but again: the snowstorm causes a lot of trouble when three friends (Tobin, JP and the Duke) try to get to the town Waffle House in the middle of the night to see a bunch of cheerleaders who were in Jubilee's train. (This was the part where I got excited because of the overlapping in plot lines, which is very neatly done!) The story is hilarious and a bit absurd, but the ending was really cute. There was a definite awww moment here.Lauren Myracle's contribution, The Patron Saint of Pigs, was my least favorite story, which had a lot to do with the fact that the main character Addie already had gotten a bit of a bad rep during the first two stories. I didn't really care for the pig and I also didn't really like Addie or her friends that much (they seemed a bit superficial), but this story still wraps the book up perfectly, bringing all the character together and leaving me smiling and more than satisfied.Let It Snow is a collection of three romantic stories that follow each other up from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day. It's a perfect and light winter read, and though I wasn't that fond of the last story, they are all mixed together in an amazing way. This book is very good in its own "genre". It was exactly what I expected it to be: funny, happy and incredibly cute. Don't expect your mind to be blown or life to be changed, but your heart might be warmed. Mine was. Will definitely read it again this Christmas!