Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry Series #1)

Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles (As reviewed on my blog, Paper Riot.)First thoughtsTHE EPILOGUE WAS SO CHEESY! But I loved Brittany + Alex's chemistry (ha) and it was a great read for this sunny day. More thoughtsHere's something you've probably never heard before: a good, rich girl who falls for a poor, bad boy. Yes, Perfect Chemistry was cliche that way. I can handle only so much cliches in a book, but surprisingly, they didn't both me in this one. I honestly hadn't expected was to be completely drawn into the story, to be unable to put it down and to fall completely in love with it. Because from the moment I started reading, I was sucked into the world of Brittany and Alex, two characters who were so well-written and alive, that I was experiencing their story rather than reading about it.They both had their issues - I loved Brittany's relationship with her sister, and I was very invested in finding out more about the gang life - but when they were together, it just worked. They really did have great chemistry, and I had to fan myself a few times because things got pretty... intense. But it wasn't just the main characters who were great: the side characters were just as well-written and real. Paco and Isa were my favorites, but I also liked how both Brittany and Alex's families played a big part in this story.Yes, this was just the book to read on my beautiful day outside, and I couldn't stop reading until I finished it. Perfect if you need a passionate love story and lots of kissy scenes. And even though I wanted to stab the ending (man, that was SO CHEESY), this was a real love story rather than a high school romance, and I loved it. Yes, it was kind of cliche. But I didn't mind it one bit.